In order to get an entry in the UAE, you will need to follow steps. Getting a visa or certain permits for the trouble-free entry in the UAE is the first step. But how do you know which visa or permit is your right fit? Following is the list of the permits and visas that can let you enter in UAE premises.

Patient entry permit

Non-native patients can get the entry in UAE for medical treatment only under the sponsorship medical authorities, government and private hospitals. Medical authorities as the sponsor bear the responsibility of giving entry permits to the patients upon their request.

Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs can make the wish of foreigners wanting to come to UAE for treatment come true. As they provide entry permits for patient’s treatment under the sponsorship of medical organizations either public or private. Following are the two types of permits:

Single Entry Permit for Treatment and Multiple Entry Permit for Treatment – both allow the person to enter in UAE within the 60 days after issuance and to stay for 90 days after the entry date. It can be prolonged and for single entrance and for multiple entries respectively.

Retirement visa for UAE residents

In the year 2018, the UAE government issued a law about providing the retired resident of UAE over the age of 55 a long term visa for the time span of 5 years and also with the chance of renewal, only if the eligibility criteria are matched.

For a retiree to avail this visa, they must be fulfilling any one of the following criteria:

·         Investment in a property worth AED 2 million.

·         Savings of at least AED 1 million.

·         An active income of at least AED 20,000 monthly.

EVisa for GCC residents

GCC residents and the people traveling with the GCC citizens will have to apply for a visa online and get the same before reaching to UAE.

GCC residents’ entry permits are valid for 30 days after the issuance date and they can be further extended for 30 more days.



Visas on arrival

Luckily if you hold passport of the below country or territory, you won’t be caught up in advance visa arrangements that are needed to visit the UAE. Simply after your landing at Dubai International Airport, you will proceed to Immigration, and where your passport will be stamped with a 30-days free UAE visa.

·        Andorra, Argentina, Australia, Brunei, Canada, Chile, Hong Kong, China, Ireland, Japan, Kazakhstan, Malaysia, Mauritius, Monaco, New Zealand, People's Republic of China, Russian Federation, San Marino, Singapore, Ukraine, United Kingdom, United States of America, Vatican City.

But if you are not one of the above nationals, then you will need a transit visa.

Transit visa

Transit visas are for those who are not the nationals of certain nations that give them the benefit of free visa on arrival.  There are two types of transit visa. The one with a duration of 48 hours which is free and the other for 96 hours that will cost you AED 50 only.

Now, the tourist visa and student visa will be the other visa options after the above.